Pages

Thursday 27 February 2014

Hair Loss of Boss

If you happen to join us for lunch, you shall get to know my boss. You see he is short, with beer belly, shiny bald head with a tuft of hair trying to stand upright on his bald head. Hence the nick name The Baldy.

It was expected of all five branch managers in the town of Jhumri Talliya that they join lunch with The Baldy in his office. Not that he hosted the lunch daily but one had to contribute nominally on monthly basis & rest was on the house. Besides you were also entitled to gift of a tie on your birthday.

The variety in menu was good, office peon served well but protocol had to be observed you see. This meant that biryani which was choice of The Baldy came first & your choice of Kadi chawal entered the menu a week later. Protocol also meant that you laughed more on the silly jokes cracked by the boss & also appreciated his shirts.

On Monday during the lunch, discussion somehow veered around to human hair. Now all branch managers present there had more or less ample hair on their heads. Two of them had natural black with 20-30% turning white. Others used black hair colour. Odd man out was the boss The Baldy who sighed & said,

- I am loosing a lot of them after posting in Jhumri Talliya you see. Paani of Jhumri is no good I say.

Everyone was struck with grief & was trying to sympathise with him. I felt like calling a condolence meeting of staff of all the branches on the subject matter of boss loosing his hair. But meantime others had started offering suggestions.

Manager Goel - Sir I use charcoal boiled in mustard oil. My wife prepares a paste for me & I apply this on my scalp on weekly basis. Very useful sir.

- Oho Goel what paste? I say my hair is disappearing & you are talking about black colour. You better apply on your face also at least your beard will not be white. I am asking you about deposits you are replying about NPAs, retorted The Baldy.

Manager Anand - Sir a new beer based shampoo cum hair raiser cum hair nourisher has come in the market but I am not sure of the name sir. I suggest you try this sir. I will get you a bottle sir. May be hair will start growing.

- Arre Anand, I know, I know. You are PhD in beer usage & want me to have a bath in beer do you? Go take a walk, you are on the verge of becoming NPA, rebuked The Baldy.

Manager Gupta - Sir why can't we go for hair transplant? Costs one lac or so & takes a month or so. We can send the bill under medical benefit scheme to Head Office sir.

-Oye Guptaji it is much more expensive, more time consuming & of course Head Office will never pay. Forget it & get lost. Money comes first to your mind Guptaji, said The Baldy.

Manager Verma - Sir we can apply for transfer from Jhumri to Head Office on medical grounds. No sir?

- Yaar Varmaji keep your ideas to yourself will you? You don't know the background of my posting here. That's a long story not to be discussed over lunch but over dinner you know, said The Baldy.

Manager Sharma - Sir may I suggest use of amla oil in the night & washing it off in the morning? But there is a condition attached to it sir. It has to be applied on the scalp by soft fingers of madamji or your sister in law to be effective.

- Good Sharma good. I don't like this oil applying business but I do like soft fingers on my scalp. Specially if the fingers are of sister in law.

Nice hair style



3 comments:

Hasiba Hanif said...

Thanks for sharing this post and visit my articlesHair transplant in one lac in Islamabad

Harsh Wardhan Jog said...

Thanks Hasiba Hanif for visiting the blog. After retirement i started penning blogs on various experiences of day to day life. I enjoy blogging. My enjoyment increased when I saw your comments! Your comments are more of an ad actually. anyways for one I am seventy one & have a patch of silver & black hair left with which I am satisfied, secondly I can hardly afford a visit to your clinics for financial and other reasons. My passport has also expired.

Nevertheless some baldies like my earlier boss, did want a transplant! But he also has since retired. Most of my friends have so can hardly recommend clients to you.

That said I wish you success in your business ventures!

Harsh Wardhan Jog said...

https://jogharshwardhan.blogspot.com/2014/02/hair-loss-of-boss.html